Thursday, August 6, 2015

Raheem Sterling found it easy to decide on joining Manchester City

Raheem Sterling found it easy to decide on joining Manchester City


Raheem Sterling insists it was easy to leave Liverpool for Manchester City once he knew Manuel Pellegrini was interested in signing him.

The England winger’s £49m transfer to the Etihad Stadium came after a well-documented fall-out with the Anfield club.

Sterling’s move is the biggest in the Premier League so far this summer and now he wants to cap it by helping his new side win back the title in the months ahead.

Speaking to fans at the club’s season launch part on Wednesday evening about his decision to join City, Sterling said: “The decision was easy when I first knew.

“With the players they’ve got here, it’s just a really attractive place to be. I’m happy I made that decision.

“It’s been a good pre-season so far. Obviously some of the results haven’t gone our way but there are some great players here.


Man City season preview
Transfer news, statistics, pundit views and odds ahead of Manchester City's 2015/16 season.
“I’m really looking forward to linking up with them in the coming season. I’m trying to add more goals and creativity to my game. I’m trying to gets my assist numbers and goals up.

Asked about his aims for the campaign, he added: “Just doing the best we can and hopefully trying to get some silverware at the end of the season. That’s my main objective.”

Fabian Delph was also present at the event as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury suffered in his first appearance for the club against Real Madrid in Australia.

Fabian Delph is looking forward to playing Champions League football for the first time with Manchester City
Fabian Delph is looking forward to playing Champions League football for the first time with Manchester City
He is eager to make a strong start once he plays competitively for City and is particularly keen to help the team succeed in the Champions League, an event in which they have often struggled.

On his unfortunate start, Delph said: “It’s not the best debut but things can only get better from there.

“I’m feeling great now, my recovery is going well and we’ve got a great medical team here. I’m flying at the minute so I’m looking forward to coming back.

“I’m really excited as it’s every boy’s dream to play in the Champions League. I’ve been given the opportunity to come here and do that. Hopefully we can do well in it and I can keep pushing on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment